Visit East Lothian | Friday 11th January 2019 10:46am
As we begin a new year, there's lots to look forward to in East Lothian for visitors and locals alike! Here are some ideas to inspire your 2019 East Lothian adventures.
1. Visit locations as seen on the screen including Outlander, Outlaw King & Mary Queen of Scots
2. Cycle the new Go East Lothian Trail
3. Take the kids for an adventure at Newhailes House & Garden Weehailes Play Park
4. Hear bloodthirsty tales of castle life & siege warfare with a knight at Dirleton Castle
5. Experience the re-enactment of the Battle of Dunbar (1650)
6. Take an open top tour with East Coast Buses
8. See for yourself how a nuclear power station works by taking a tour of Torness Power Station
10. Look out for local golfer, Catriona Matthew, leading the European Team at the Solheim Cup at Gleneagles
Charlotte McIntyre, is a former Knox Academy student. Seventeen year old Charlotte has a keen interest in photography and has produced some truly stunning images of East Lothian. There is no doubt that Charlotte has a great creative talent which she is now developing at Edinburgh College where she is relishing the challenges and opportunities to grow her skills and to achieve her ambition to become a professional photographer.
Simon Robertson who publishes as East Lothian by Drone - you've guessed it - has a passion for aerial photography. Simon produces this amazing work in his spare time. He studied Digital Media & Communications at University which led to photography, filming & design becoming his hobbies.
Click on the links for more information and be sure to follow us for updates and even more great ideas, events & activities throughout the year.